... exploring in my creativity further in 2022



11 October 2010

Pastel Pumpkins

Pumpkins were on my mind this week, and while they do suit the October CED2010 theme a bit - grown from the earth, on the earth, full of earth tones - that suitability is a bit of a stretch. Our Canadian Thanksgiving is today - HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my fellow Canadians - so I think that the Pumpkins had more to do with that than anything else! 

Here are my (mostly) pumpkin inspired efforts this week

Monday: Trying another line drawing - all lines start from a single point...



Tuesday: Squash from my Dad's garden...



Wednesday: Earthy Zen Doodle...



Thursday:



Friday:



Saturday: My daughter planted a pumpkin plant in the Spring as she loves pumpkin. But she is on the other side of the country at University so I thought I would try to capture her harvest. So odd that one pumpkin just would not turn orange and it was the first to grow!



Sunday:


I also posted 2 new sketches in my Sketchbook Project and my version of 101 in 1001 plus worked on a few art journal pages. Hope you had a great creative week and best wishes for next week! Now to drop over to Leah's Creative Every Day site to see what you've been up to!

On this Canadian Thanksgiving Day, I'd like to thank all of you for sharing your wonderful art with me and for all the fabulous comments, encouragement and friendship you have given me! I treasure it!  

XOXO

EVA


5 comments:

  1. EVA I really do love your zen doodles!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you. Enjoy your day.

    Kat X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda happy the first pumpkin stayed green, I like the contrast in color.
    And you are a zen(doodle) master! I wish I could do that.
    Yep, 2 by Sunday (or monday?)

    XoX

    Oh, I wrote the words on my blog, like you suggested, but I won't make you chase them:

    Some people see a mangled pile of junk.
    I see possibility.
    A hidden gem waiting to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eva, Fun week! I like your squash and pumpkins. Odd about the green one, though it looks great in the composition. The zendoodle and pumpkin/squash girl are festive! I like how you repeated the shape of the squash in the figure; the hat is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eva! You are so prolific....in awe of you making time to fit in creating every single day :) I'm especially fond of Wed and Sat...Love the colors!
    Hope you had a wonderful holiday....kinda wish our Thanksgiving in US was same day as yours....it would space out the turkey eating (and cooking, for that matter)a bit more...haha!

    Take care and keep up the sketching!
    Smiles,
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eva,

    LOVE that zen doodle, it's soooo cool! You have been very busy, you are certainly an inspiration :0)!!!

    Thank you so much for your lovely kind words on my blog, I really appreciated them! I realised that it probably wasn't a good fit anyway and I'll know what's right for me when it comes along, it also reminded me why I started being creative in the first place 'because it makes me happy' and that's what should be important. :0) I shall definately take your advice and next time I find myself in that situation I shall do more research first to see if it's right for me. Thanks again for taking the time to comment :0) Take care

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you!