... exploring in my creativity further in 2022



15 November 2010

AEDM Day 15

I was encouraged to keep on going with my variations on the tree theme. So today's little creation is done using my fun Caran D'Ache watercolour crayons (sans eau/without water). Like the last time I played with these crayons here, various colours cried out to be used that weren't in my planned palette. I listened....


Last week, one of the AEDM participants who I have just met, Michelle Pendergrass, posted an amazing photo that she had taken. I looked at it and looked at it and the urge to paint took over. I am a very novice painter and this is only the second real painting I've done since joining CED2010 in January. Here is my take on her photo:


Scanned below (Grass at edge of first image is grass in second image. I couldn't quickly figure out how to paste the images together as canvas was bigger than the scanner!)






Sitting on my easel with the photo on top:


And Yuri wanting to be involved in the filming process:


Anyways, beautiful photo Michelle!! I'm not sure about the painting - I like parts of it but might have to tweak it a bit. We'll see.

Lastly for Leah, who was musing about stuffing recipes - my Lemon Cornbread Stuffing recipe from an old Food & Wine Cookbook. Love it! (Double-clicking should enlarge it. Hmm, perhaps I should include the turkey recipe too as it is different from many with a much shorter cooking time yet always moist. Maybe tomorrow... if anyone is interested.)


Until (late) tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so honored and completely full of joy to see your painting come to life! I'm glad you painted it--I love it!!

    I love your trees, too. I have a thing for trees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Michelle Pendergrass is the work your inspired by, hmm I'll need to check it out and tell you what I think- From what i can tell you picked a good inspireee. The painting looks amazing! Nice warm colors and texture.

    I love you and keep up the amazing work.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work!! I love the colors you used for this tree.

    And thank you for sharing the cornbread recipe. It sounds SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- looks like you've been having fun! (The photo with Yuri is too funny - but I think I must still have elephants on the brain because when my eye first caught a glimpse of it I thought it was an elephant trunk... maybe I'm delirious!)

    I loooove your community of girls with funny hats!

    I also think your gingerbread man is so cute... but sad at the same time. awww

    (And your DaVinci inspired zen doodle is very cool.)

    I couldn't find an email address to send you a message - I wanted to let you know that I just listed the Nutcracker if you're interested :)

    xo
    Kristin

    p.s. I'm still thinking of "space" and "stars"... hmmm... keep your eye out!

    Okay, I've probably taken up enough space in your comments - hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so loving your tree, Eva. Oh yeah! Perfect! :) And hey...is that a kitty paw stretching out there in that photo? hee hee

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you kept going with this tree, and thrilled that you chose less traditional colours this go around. It turned out beautifully! I've never used water colour crayons before and only just heard about them (so new to this whole art thing!) but I've heard so much about them that I think I'm going to have to go out and get some. They look great without using water too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the new painting, the colors in the sky are perfect!
    Kittys do like to touch art, don't they? Too cute!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you!