... exploring in my creativity further in 2022



18 July 2010

Sunday Sketching 18July2010 "Bird of Lines"

Thursday my daughter and I went for a visit to the National Gallery of Canada. Primarily we went to see the new Pop exhibit but we wandered around afterwards and I was very taken with a piece by David Merritt called "Hey". It was an abstract piece - a pencil sketch @ 4x12 feet that all started at one point with the word "hey". Hundreds (thousands?) of lines flowed from "hey" and ended with other words. 

I thought I would try experimenting with the idea but without the words. I did a few others in my CED2010 (which I will post on Monday) and thought I would try a bird for Blue Chair Diary's Sunday Sketches

So here is my contribution - a raven/crow line drawing with all lines starting at his beak:


Now to check out all of your work! Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Hey, I LOVE that idea. I think I'd like to try a sketch with this technique. I will have to check out David Merritt. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How COOL. I didn't see it, until i read your post...now I can't believe my eyes. Just really great. This is really a near technique, I am off to check out David's work right now! Thanks for sharing. Great idea!
    XXOO
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice free-flowing drawing, it has wonderful movments

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful. My son loves this one and we do too! Great technique. So much learnig to do just on one subject! Do not know David Merrit so will look into him! Thanx. This sketch ha such a gliding smooth feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful technique, the bird is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome!!!! I love that. I've never seen anything like that before. Can't wait to see the other ones you did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! I love how clean it is and it is very beautiful! I gotta try this now...so many great ideas from all of the SS participants!

    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and graceful!! That is a really cool technique :) ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it fun how you can just bump into inspiration by accident? I LOVE your bird! The movement.

    I am so glad you submitted your 'book' artwork :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you!