... exploring in my creativity further in 2022



07 April 2010

FAKE Journal - Week 1 At Sea

Last week, I came across, (and I apologize to whoever mentioned it in the weekly CED2010 check-in, but I didn't keep track of where I saw this) on April Fool's Day a most unusual idea and website. How appropriate for that day! International Fake Journal Month!! I'm not sure what appeals to me so much about this (keeping a fake journal for a month) but I immediately decided to participate. I pulled out a blank journal (pretty but el cheapo from the dollar store) 


and started to draw/paint and write. So far I have 6 journal pages already done! I'm usually not into "FAKE" but.... it seems to be flowing, so I am going with that flow! My alter ego (still no name yet) is on a ship in the Pacific Ocean, currently off the coast of Central Mexico. Clicking on the images makes them larger and I think legible but please comment if it is too hard to read my handwriting and I can, in future posts, type out the words.

Day 1:

Day 2:


Day 3:


Day 4:



Day 5:



Day 6:


I think (really I'm not quite sure just where this journal is coming from!) that my journal writer is on a ship like Craig Venter's Sorcerer II collecting samples. Some of it might be based on a conversation I had with someone in the Air Canada lounge in Toronto last month. I'm not sure where it is going but here it is! I've been thinking about keeping a real journal for awhile and started one for my garden the same day as this one! (So far so good there too - but it won't be a daily one, only when there is activity.)

I'm going out of town on business most of the rest of this week so I'm unsure what I can accomplish but I will try to continue this intriguing challenge!

Thanks Roz for the idea! Anyone else want to participate??

1 comment:

  1. this is such an interesting idea. I suppose it could tap into dreams, fantasies, channeling a voice within that one does not often let come to the surface. Truly fun and fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you!