... exploring in my creativity further in 2022



18 April 2010

Sunday Sketching "Daffodils"

I was traveling last weekend so while I did a zen doodle on the flight between Houston and Newark, it was more for CED2010 than Sunday Sketching. Today I'm back to participate and I decided to cut a few of my now blooming daffodils and try to draw them. I first did a pencil sketch:


But it smudged, and scanned very poorly. After several attempts, I had to make a number of lines heavier just to see them! So I decided to keep working and add some watercolours to it:



I like it better with colour but it still didn't seem to scan well.

I look forward to seeing your sketches!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I like the daffodils, one of my favorite spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder about your scanner, it seem to have scanned at an odd angle but I like your efforts in trying

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you!