... exploring in my creativity further in 2022



30 November 2010

AEDM Day 30 Variations on a Tree Theme

For the last day of AEDM, I present you with the last tree in the series I have created this month. I didn't set out to create a series but after the second tree it seems that they have, with much encouragement from many of you, taken on a life of their own!

Thank you all for your wonderful words and nudging to keep going!

Here is the last one:

(excessively dressed up for the holidays!)

and the model. Created to help me with the night version (Day 19) and the collage version (Day 16), I printed and cut out Day 1 and have been using it to try to keep the same basic shape. It was sitting on my desk and everytime I see it, I smile so I thought I'd include it too. 

(My cropping with the scanner makes it look larger than it is.)

And here (if this works in Picasa - well it did, then it didn't so try #2) is the full collage versions of "Variations on a Tree". It has been great to experiment with so many different media to such different effects. The only thing I didn't really try was thick acrylics but I couldn't do that within my CED2010 book. Maybe at some point I will play on a canvas, just to see how it looks.



Well, it's been a very fun month!! So nice to get to know so many new people!! So fabulous to see such amazing art created!! Wow!!!!

I'm looking forward to weekly vs daily check-ins and finishing up CED2010 in 31 days time. Hope to see most of you every Monday until then!

xoxo
EVA

19 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! 30 days of fabulous art!

    Don't you love seeing them all together?!? I sure do... that is a great series!

    The last one is perfect for your final one... even the tree looks like it's celebrating :)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool - all your trees are lovely and I find doing variations of a subject really helps you fully explore it more! Visiting from AEDM and can't believe the month is already over...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we should thank the tree for being such a patient model!! Great work Eva, it's been a pleasure visiting and seeing all this progress this month! Will we have another tree on Sunday for your sketches??

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful. I love the idea of having a theme and using a template so that you can right to playing around. Thanks for asking about my ornaments:

    To make these ornaments I have used acrylic paints in the little bottles. They are in the craft section at Michael's (if you have one), near the ornaments. These are great because they dry quick and flow and some come with a point so you can actually write words. I use a sponge to dab on the paint and dry them on the end of a brush that I anchor inside of a plastic cup that is weighted down with my paint bottles. Good luck with these. I would love to see the result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved how you branched out in all these pieces! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! A celebratory tree to cap off a great month. I love seeing those trees side by side, all the variations tied together through the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your trees, especially the dressed up one with lights. They all look so nice together. Happy last day of AEDM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed your series this month, love the festive tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun to see all the trees displayed together. It reminds me of those 50-50 shows (50 pieces in 50 days) where the artists hang all their pieces together in an array like this. The last tree is perfect to send us all into the December holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Cool! What a great exercise to do! Congrats on making it 30 days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool! I love seeing your tree series all together! Thanks for joining in AEDM this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eva, congratulations for completing this!

    it's been great to see all of your work, and I have enjoyed the trees, too! I like the one dressed for the holidays, perfect!
    also, like the mountains at the top of the blog! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go Eva! I love how your trees look together! They would make an excellent collage! And, I like your latest tree. Are you going to continue with the tree?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go, Eva! Love your trees and the rest of your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is really cool! They look great all together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I find trees to be INCREDIBLY interesting. What a lovely reason to focus on them for 30 days- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love seeing all of your trees together! It's been fun visiting your blog during AEDM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your trees are amazing, and isn't it just wonderful to try new mediums! Well done for taking part in AEDM! My one consisted mainly of writing for the whole month, with a few bits of art here and there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to hearing from you!